Brazen antifeminist woman in STEM, Sarah, joins me to discuss the factory of girlfailures: Hewlett-Packard! Revolutionizing the world of personal-computers-you-kinda-know, this company has been run by a cavalcade of silly little clowns since at least 1999. This episode is packed top to bottom with shenanigans; spiders falling from the ceiling, being a Girl-FailedGubernatorialCandidate, somehow also private military contracting, and lots and lots of rich people problem-solving in unique, never-before seen foolish ways.
I'll be posting episodes every two weeks, which I think will make the podcast much more sustainable to make! I can't read all this shit in one day, no matter how hard I try. Thanks so much for sticking around. I hope y'all have been liking it so far! :) If you do, it'd help me out to leave a rating on Apple Podcasts. The algorithm loves seeing engagement. Write who you think the hottest HP failed CEO is!
- How Hewlett-Packard lost its way, James Bandler with Doris Burke, Fortune Magazine, May 2012
- 3 wartime moments to remember in HP’s history, Garage Staff for HP, Nov 2022
- David Packard, Richard Nixon Administration – Historical Office of the Secretary of Defense
- The HP Way: How Bill Hewlett and I Founded Our Company, David Packard 1995
- Leadership Challenges at Hewlett Packard: Through the Looking Glass, David F. Larcker and Brian Tayan, Stanford Closer Look Series, Oct 2011
- HP: Grueling day for Hurd & Dunn, Grace Wong, CNN Money, Sep 2006
- Fiorina out, HP stock soars; CEO who engineered Compaq merger leaving after fight with board; will walk away with $21 million, Paul La Monica, CNN Money, Feb 2005
- Wisecrackers: A theory-grounded investigation of phishing and pretext social engineering threats to information security, Michael Workman, Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 59(4), 662–674. 2008
- Oracle really does owe HPE $3b after Supreme Court snub, Katyanna Quach, The Register, May 2022