June 20, 2022
Bumblebee Foods: The Canned Tuna Conspiracy
Loyal Piggly Wiggly customer, Aasia Lashay, joins me for a deep dive (haha get it) into the scandalous world of packaged seafood products. You know it's bad when a whole ass CEO genuinely faces consequences for it. If you like scheming, gruesome workplace safety violations, backstabbing, and DOJ antitrust investigations, you better listen ASAP! You'll definitely have stories for your coworkers to break the ice after this one. Anyways, stream ALL of Aasia's music on Spotify (D.A.B.O. is my personal fav), watch the stuff she writes for (What We Do in the Shadows and Upload), and follow her on ALL SOCIAL MEDIAS @euthanAasia!
1. This government price-fixing case makes the tuna industry sound like the mafia, LA Times, Michael Hiltzik, 2019
2. Dairy companies fined for price rigging, The Korea Herald, 김지현 2011
4. The most important details of the Walmart suit against the “big three” tuna companies, Seafood Source, Cliff White 2016
5. Asserting innocence, Lischewski hopes to return to Bumble Bee CEO role, Undercurrent News, Jason Smith 2019
6. Cooked to death in agony for two hours: Gruesome guilty plea by Bumble Bee Foods, My News LA, Stephanie Michaud 2017
7. Chris Lischewski hopes to avoid prison, while prosecutors push for 10-year sentence, Seafood Source, Cliff White 2020
8. Thai Union's Chicken of the Sea blew the whistle on tuna price fixing, Bumble Bee and StarKist replace legal teams, Seafood Source, Cliff White 2017
9. Lischewski — There Was No Price Fixing in the Tuna Industry, Medium, Chris Lischewski 2020
PS If you live in chicago, I have a comedy/dueling pianos show coming up this Friday, June 24 2022, at the Lincoln Lodge at 6pm! It's called Christian and Christian dueling ...